“Forest School is an inspirational process that offers children, young people and adults regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self esteem through hands on learning experiences in a woodland environment”
The Forest School setting is adaptable and allows for a flexible approach to learning that can accommodate a range of learning styles, such as “kinaesthetic” learning (learning by doing), linguistic, interpersonal, mathematical and visual learning. The Forest School approach allows practitioners to shape teaching methods to individual children’s learning styles, and is suitable for use with children and young people with a range of special needs.
Research into the benefits of Forest School found that children attending sessions:
- improved physical and motor skills;
- improved language and communications skills;
- improved social skills, including team working;
- improved knowledge and understanding of the environment;
- increased self-confidence and self-belief; and
- increased motivation and concentration. (Forestry Commission)
At the heart of our programme lies the individual child and we will endeavour to provide opportunities and activities that help them progress with their development.
How will we do this:
- By offering a range of resources that will bring out creativity and imagination.
- By creating situations that allow the group to learn new life skills and that encourages team work, problem solving.
- By facilitating the session in a child friendly way.
- By ensuring that fun lies at the heart of what we do.
Nature to Nurture undertook a research project in May and June 2013 in conjunction with The Mersey Forest & John Moores University to look at how male carers engage with their early years children outdoors.
The findings for the project start on page 27 of the following link.
Here is a short clip that was taken during the programme
March- November mid week prices
£160 for a morning or afternoon sessions 9.30-12 or 12.30-3
£300 for all day from 9.30- 2.30
December – February
£120 for a morning or afternoon sessions 9.30-11.30 or 12.30-2.30
There will be no full days running during these months.